How we collect and use your information
When we say â??weâ??, we mean the Duracell licensee PSA Parts Ltd., we operate this web site and are the â??data controllerâ?? for the information listed here, which means we are responsible for deciding how we use your information.
The information we collect We collect information about you from different sources including:
- Directly from you.
- From third parties, such as advertisers and affiliates who send customers to our web sites, and services such as postcode address lookup or payment processing services.
- From other web sites and companies owned by us.
- Log data. Our web servers record information your browser automatically sends whenever you visit our web site, including your IP address, the pages you request and the actions you click on. This information is used to help us display and secure our web sites, protect against fraud and improve our service.
- Device information. We also collect information about the capabilities of the device you are using, such as screen size and type of web browser to help us display our site correctly and to investigate when something goes wrong.
How we use the information Weâ??ll use the information to fulfil orders (contracts) youâ??ve placed or services youâ??ve requested, and to process your payments. As well as for other legitimate business interest purposes, such as:
- To confirm your identity and address and prevent fraud or security violations.
- To understand your purchases and requirements.
- To advertise and improve our products and services.
- To tailor our website experience.
- To invite you to review our products and services.
- To contact you about other products and services from us which we believe may benefit you. We do not give your contact details to other advertisers.
- To publicly publish any reviews of our products / services you submit to our site.
Who we share the information with We may share certain information with other companies we use to help us operate, such as:
- Sharing your address with delivery companies, or what you ordered with companies who contact our customers to collect reviews of our products on our behalf.
- Working with payment processing services, to process your payments.
- If you find us through an advert or an affiliate who we pay to promote our business, then we may share certain information about your order with that site to calculate their commission. However, we do not share your name or contact details with them.
How long we store the information We store your details for as long as you have a relationship with us. After that, we may hold it if we need it for our legitimate purposes such as handling questions or complaints, protecting against fraud, or when we are required to by regulations.
Transferring information abroad We are an international company, and use international services. The information may be transferred outside Europe, possibly to countries which do not have the same privacy regulations. If we do this, we ensure it has an appropriate level of protection.
Your rights You have various rights regarding your information, such as asking to see what we hold, asking us to correct or update details, to restrict processing of it, withdraw marketing consent, or to make a complaint etc. For any questions related to this, or to reach our Data Protection Officer please â?¢contact our Privacy Team. Or, write to us at: Data Protection Officer, PSA Parts Ltd, 2 Prince Georges Road, London, SW19 2PX, UK.
Customer Reviews As part of monitoring and improving our products and services we may invite customers to contribute a review which may be published by us on the Internet and may be passed by us to other review services. When posting a review at Duracell Direct we ask you to consent and acknowledge that this information will be published publicly, processed and used by us, our subsidiaries, partners and third parties such as Internet search engines and advertisers. You also acknowledge that your review may be read and replicated by parties beyond our control, as such it may remain public indefinitely. We request you do not disclose your full name or any personal information within a review, you are solely responsible for any personal data or information which you disclose.
Obligation You are not legally required to provide us with your data, but if you do not wish to, you will be unable to use our web site or place orders with us.